Monday, June 25, 2012

My Trip To Birmingham So Far

The second most annoying aspect of my trip is that Birmingham has moved everything. The car rental place was no longer located where it was last time I was in Birmingham. The hotel I have stayed out countless times before wasn't where I thought it would be. The freeway exit I used wasn't there. In fact, the freeway exit I accidently took dumped me off into East Lake. ("East Lake" is synomous with a very creepy part of town. Jack told me a story once of him owning rentals in East Lake and watching a mob riot through his rentals with him helplessly watching. As a general rule, I stay out of East Lake.)

And, after going out this morning to view my rentals, the three I found were not where I left them last year. However, from what I could see when I finally did track them down, they were all in reasonable condtion. I noticed Ms. Angie's roof looked really great--and then I realized we just put a roof on her home, so it better look great.

The most annoying aspect of my trip is a nasty stomach bug I picked up. And for the record, it wasn't Carolsue's fault.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well an F5 tornado does have a tendency to move things around!

~Bliz

CarolSue said...

Thank you for clarifying that your stomach bug had nothing to do with my cooking! LOL