Friday, February 05, 2010

Today's Ray of Sunshine

There are times when I feel like I have written all there is to write about my accidental business. Now that I have a handle on crazy tenants and (almost) every conceivable situation possible (hopefully) has been covered, what is left?

I sometimes wonder if I repeat myself too much. If I complain too much. If I whine too much. I feel like I do. This is my therapy blog. But even as such, I know that complaining doesn't make things better. Sometimes I would much rather write about Brandon Webb's (hopefully) comeback season with the Diamondbacks. But, I am guessing my three readers don't check in to read about me pontificating about baseball.

Really cool things happen too. Little things. Even if they are little--and cool--sometimes they, or something similar, has happened before. I am still repeating myself. But it still tickles me. Sometimes really cool little things are pretty personal too but they are hard to explain. If you break it down, how many ways can I express "this made my day" in a 300 word blog?

This experience you may have read before, but it happened again today. It made my day.

I got a call out of the blue from a former tenant. He was looking to move in April. He thought he would give me a call and find out if I happened to have anything coming up in Moody for rent?

Moody by the way, is where Ms. Kathy lives. And, I am sick of her. She and Legal Eagle had a meeting today where Ms. Kathy promised to behave in exchange for a place to live. I think I have written about Ms. Kathy's promises before as well.

I told my caller to call me next month. If I can convince Ms. Kathy to move, I might have a place available. Right now, I am sorry I didn't start the eviction process. I would have preferred these former tenants a million times over. I also followed up with an e-mail giving him Jack's number and Kirby's number. Maybe one of those two might be able to help him if I can't.

I know I have written this before, but sometimes it bears repeating because it always astounds me. The relationships I have built 1,700 miles from my home blow me away.

And, a former tenant calling me out of the blue because they thought highly enough of me to want to rent again from me makes my day.

1 comment:

H.C. said...

feels like good karma!

xoxo