Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunch with Mr. Partner

I had lunch with Mr. Partner on Wednesday. Though this can sometimes cause indigestion, Wednesday's lunch was pretty amicable.

I should preface this with Mr. Partner and I are pretty friendly in general. We had a history a few years ago with him exploding about something completely out of my control and me telling him where he could go and what he could do when he got there in a very un-Southern way. Since then Mr. Partner and I have practiced levels of détente, with me still holding a teeny-tiny (or enormous) bit of a grudge.

Lunch was pleasant enough, given we were going through last year's financials--which were anything but pleasant. He had a few questions. I had reasonable answers. I hit him up for our LLC paying part of my expenses for my upcoming (and thus far, unscheduled--it is SNOWING over there people!) Birmingham trip.

I was able to tell him all of our tenants are behaving. He gave me kudos for working through the issues with Ms. Kathy. He agreed that we did the right thing for Mrs. Sherwood--and was even willing to buy her a stove if she changes her mind. Ms. Angie is owed some work. She will get that done, now that I know Mr. Partner is committed to paying for his half.

And, in a broad-sweeping gesture, he suggested I make sure I pay myself for the work I have been doing. Um... about that... As soon as the money becomes available, you bet I will!

I gave him my action plan for fixing our under-capitalized issues. He nodded, not really agreeing or disagreeing. It doesn't matter. I am working on fixing that either way.

It is nice to have lunch with Mr. Partner when we aren't in the midst of chaos. Lunch tastes better and digests more easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well.

~Bliz