Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Swooping In

Last week I had one of those mental head-slap moments. Essentially, why am I dealing with this madness with Ms. Kathy when I have a highly trained professional who can handle this? So, I called Legal Eagle.

Now, I appreciate Carolsue being my heavy with Ms. Kathy, but that isn't fair to Carolsue or Ms. Kathy. Besides, right now Carolsue is on sabbatical while she takes care of a few irons in the fire.

My biggest issue with Ms. Kathy is that I bent a little and she abused my good nature. She won't return my calls. And, when she has given me information in the past, it was to avoid immediate conflict. Ms. Kathy doesn't seem to have the foresight to figure out if she lies to me today, it might get me off her back, but come next week, I will be even angrier. Most of us learned this valuable gem in kindergarten.

I really don't want Ms. Kathy to leave. For the most part, she takes decent care of the home and she has a guaranteed income. She grew up in the neighborhood and has roots. She wants her kids in that particular school system. It doesn't take much to make me happy. And, she will be hard pressed to find a better landlord--as long as she can handle paying the rent.

Her rent issue is a cash-flow problem. She gets her check on the 3rd. Rent is due on the 15th. For some reason, the 12 days between the 3rd and the 15th her money seems to slip away.

When I talked to Legal Eagle on Tuesday, I gave her all of this. I explained how Ms. Kathy is conflict avoident. How she is afraid of me and Carolsue has been handling this on my behalf. I told her Carolsue might have told Ms. Kathy a few things about eviction that are questionable. Legal Eagle just muttered, "bless her heart." I don't know who she was referring to: Ms. Kathy or Carolsue. Depending upon who it was aimed at, the sentiment might have very different meanings.

Legal Eagle is now handling the Ms. Kathy collection. I know Ms. Kathy is getting a tax return. So, if Ms. Kathy wants to pay a half-month's rent, I will move her future rent due date to the 3rd. The other obvious reason for Legal Eagle to handle this is that she can identify Ms. Kathy's in court if we end up going that route. Either way, I don't have to play Ms. Kathy's game any more.

No comments: