Monday, January 18, 2010

I Am Such A Total Bad-Ass

So, for reasons way too complicated to go into in this little corner of cyberspace, Carolsue asked me to check her e-mail (and for the record, this is not the first person in Alabama to ask this favor). In there was a quick note from Mrs. Spring to Carolsue. She needed Carolsue to call her.

I responded, telling Mrs. Spring I was helping Carolsue out. And, if there was a problem with the home, please contact me directly. Otherwise, here was Carolsue's new phone number.

Mrs. Spring wrote CAROLSUE back, addressing me personally and said thank you and that she would be contacting Carolsue in the next day or so.

When I talked to Carolsue, I told her to expect a call.

Please fast-forward two days later. Carolsue called me. Mrs. Spring was having a slight electrical issue. And would Carolsue please find out what I would be willing to do about it.

Carolsue asked, "Why didn't you just tell the landlord about it directly."

Apparently, Mrs. Spring's response was, "Well, you know."

I don't know. I told Carolsue that when she relayed this to me. So, Carolsue explained, Mrs. Spring is afraid of me.

"No she isn't!" I insisted. "She tried to friend me on Facebook."

"Yea, that was the nail in the coffin."

Of course, I thought we had cleared up that awkward moment weeks ago, when I told Mrs. Spring it wasn't personal and it was just a rule I kept for all tenants and I certainly didn't mean any ill-will by the whole thing. But apparently, Mrs. Spring--a grown woman practically old enough to be my mother--is afraid to actually e-mail me and say, "there is a problem with an electrical outlet."

Of course, I am happy to fix her electrical issue. And I am sure my electrician will be delighted as well. After all, he hasn't bought his wife a 24-carat Valentine's present yet. I would send Mrs. Spring an e-mail telling her so, but maybe I should send it from Carolsue's account. It might sound better.

No comments: