Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I am Just Going Out On a Limb Here

Ms. Shirley e-mailed me. There was a bit of water on the floor in the bonus/attic room over the garage. She didn't indicate how the water got there. She did say she just noticed it because she rarely goes in that room. And, what was I going to do about it?

What I did about it was call Mr. 114--her next door neighbor.

Mr. 114 and I talked about the water. I am hesitant to say it is a roof leak--though that makes the most amount of sense. First, the roof is 10 years old. There aren't any pesky vents or chimneys over this patch of roof to get in the way. Mr. 114 wasn't convinced it was the roof either. The other option, a water leak didn't sound right either. There aren't any pipes going through that part of the garage ceiling that might break.

I told Mr. 114 it didn't smell right. I could be wrong, but I am guessing someone left the bonus/attic window open.

1 comment:

Annabelle Baxter said...

I had the same exact thing happen to me. I have a rental and the tenant called complainig that the roof was leaking as indicated by the water stain on her wall. I sent my handman over and he said he "hated to be a tattletale" but she left the window open. I paid quite an expense to get that figured out.