Thursday, March 01, 2012

Good-Bye Trouble

You might have heard that quasi-melodious sound coming from the west? No, it wasn't a chorus of off-key angels rejoicing. It is me rejoicing.

Ms. Shirley is leaving my life!!!!!!

Allegedly she is moving out today. Mr. 114 (I adore him) tells me there was a big orange and white do-it-yourself moving truck outside her home yesterday and activity was abuzz. 

Of course she opted to stiff me on rent in the process, but at least she is leaving (let me just add: I really feel there is a special place in hell for tenants who think the security deposit is their personal savings account and they don't need to pay their last month's rent because they give a security deposit. That is stealing. Anyone who does this is a thief. You signed a contract, honor it.). I am banking Ms. Shirley will leave the place moderately clean. At least I hope she will.

I am so burned out on property managers that I decided not to give this home to Mario or Kirby. Neither deserve it. Nor do I feel like finding a third property manager at this time. Mr. 114, who lives right next door, is going to get it move-in ready for me and offered to show it. I am hoping this will result in a tenant Mr. 114 approves of and less of a hassle for me.

No comments: