Saturday, March 24, 2012

Howdy

My general rule about this blog is that topics discussed must in some way be about the following:
  • Running an accidental business
  • The South
  • Investing
  • Renting
  • Baseball
Though there are times I throw a few other odd topics in (hey! It's my blog I can do that), I like to loosely tie these ends together. Such as: I am running an accidental rental business in the South, which I started with way too little capital and started with way too many investors. To improve our capital position, I don't have time to watch baseball.

See that nicely fits together.

In any case, I haven't had much of a chance to write this blog lately because most of my life doesn't fall into the aforementioned categories or any reasonable tangents thereof.

This past week was so nutty that I can only sum it up with the following phrases:
  • runaway backhoe
  • coerced electrician
  • stolen Porche
  • dysfunctional employees scraped from the bottom of the 9 percent unemployment barrel
  • secret korma recipes
  • Words With Friends withdrawal
Sadly, none of the above has anything to do with baseball or the rest of the first list. However, at this rate, I am going to start a new blog or expand my topics.

And by the way, how is your week going? Please, please tell me!

In other news, Ms. Angie, who has been the proud recipient of new roof, new furnace and new air conditioner in the past few years is also now the proud recipient of a solid gold hot water heater. Though I haven't exactly figured out how it will be paid for just yet. Apparently the only kinds of water heaters installed in Birmingham Alabama are the solid gold variety. Seriously. That's what I asked the plumber when he told me the cost (and to my credit, he broke the cost to me immediately after the runaway backhoe incident, so I thought I was keeping it together nicely).

I am sure there will be more items to blog about next week (if you three readers are still around), as I am running an ad in the Birmingham News for a tenant for my Alabaster house. Tenant screening always brings out the same personality in me that I use when I coerce electricians. Maybe there will be a fun story out of that. Here's hoping.

No comments: