Saturday, March 10, 2012

In the Red

It is tax time. And finally--when Bliz doesn't have any more free weekends to deal with my financials--I have a free second to admire at her miraculous bookkeeping skills.

My 2011 financials are not pretty. What will also not be pretty is the purple blotches on Mr. Partner's face when he sees the financial statements Bliz so lovingly compiled for us.

I was very much aware what I would find. It isn't a big secret Kirby brought us to the brink of financial ruin through his neglect we have had several vacant homes that were harder than expected to rent out. And to be fair, Mr. Partner was aware of these too.

Though this might be hard to believe, I want to see a loss on my financials. And lucky for me. I am seeing just that. A loss is a tax break. A gain is not a tax break.

For my pride's sake, I would prefer my loss wasn't as horrific as it is. But we seemed to have weathered another year and the loss will look nicely on my taxes. However, if it is all the same with you, for 2012, I would prefer to see something a little closer to zero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! =) My bookkeeping skills are so not miraculous, and I always have time for you!

~Bliz