Monday, March 05, 2012

The Kitchen Sink is Still There

Great news! Ms. Shirley left. Mr. 114 swears she left the place in moderately decent condition. The carpet is dirty, but not stained. She (apparently) was thinking of painting so she left a painted color swatch on the wall of every single room. However, I am 95 percent sure there is touch up paint at this house.

And lest you been lulled into a sense of relief because the worst item on that list so far is dirty carpet, let me just say--that is probably the best item on that list.

You see, Ms. Shirley took the blinds. Ms. Shirley took every single stinking light bulb. Ms. Shirley took everything that was not nailed down. She also didn't return the keys. She gave me some other keys (possibly to her new home?). 

Ms. Shirley is also MIA and won't return e-mails or phone calls about the keys, so I am guessing I will be rekeying. And there is probably no chance of getting the window coverings back.

I am so over Ms. Shirley. In fact, I find that I am more annoyed about the pettiness of the light bulbs than I am about the window coverings and keys. My priorities are probably screwed up here. I'm ok with that too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Mrs. Shirley so named after a famous line from "Airplane?" it just occurred to me...

CarolSue said...

Remember when one of your tenants actually took the kitchen sink?? LOL I can't believe that anyone would get a step ladder and go through the trouble to taking out light bulbs. I don't even like replacing them when they blow. Also, if she is going to use her deposit as her last months rent, shouldn't she have left the blinds, cleaned and touched up the paint so as not to use any of her deposit for actual deposit related stuff?? She is petty and you are lucky to be rid of her.

Fiona D. said...

Alec, her name really is Shirley. :-)