Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fear the Awesome Power of the Bendy Straw

Tuesday, Marty Sunshine forbid me to discuss Kirby any further while holding a kitchen knife in my hand. I am however, allowed to hold a soda straw in my hand when his name comes up. Apparently Marty doesn't feel any real damage can come from that.

Did you know October was the last time Kirby actually called me back? Now, he has e-mailed me--only when I write things such as, "the courtesy of a response would be greatly appreciated."
Kirby has a distinct voice. He sounds like Randy Travis. On Tuesday I called his office. His secretary told me Kirby wasn't in, but I have to tell you I could hear through the phone one interesting party going on in the background. Apparently Randy Travis was standing nearby talking to someone else.

Marty Sunshine says that Kirby is afraid of me. Marty's reasoning is he has failed me and Kirby knows I am upset. I am a middle-aged overweight woman who lives 1,700 miles away. My only weapon is a plethora of multi-syllable words--especially now that Marty has banned knives. In my book, fear does not seem to be a good enough reason to ignore someone.  Even someone who can wield a mean soda straw.

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

He's an ostrich. Like a 9 year old, he thinks if he avoids you long enough, you will calm down and not yell at him or otherwise make him feel guilty because he has dropped the ball (again and again). Course, in the meantime he's going to continue doing exactly what he wants to do - which isn't working. The old adage comes to mind "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission". LOL Hang in there!

Fiona D. said...

Agreed. Even my 9 year old isn't this foolish. He will man-up when something isn't right.

Acutally, I do think Kirby probably is working. Personally, I think he grew too big, too fast and is overwhelmed.

For the record, I have never yelled at him. I have taken houses away. I plan to do so again when my contracts are up.