Thursday, February 02, 2012

A "Bless Your Heart" Might Have Gone Down A Bit Smoother

An acquaintance of mine asked me earlier this week if something was wrong. In fact, there were a lot of things wrong. All were Alabama. My upset caused me to loose 8 pounds in five days (and I am not the kind of person who skips a meal). When I gave this acquaintance the reader's digest version of the events leading up to a blood pressure reading of 140/101 (that was after three aspirin) she began to lecture me on all she saw wrong with my Alabama business and her overall opinion of landlords. She didn't even preclude it with "Bless your heart."

Mind you, she doesn't read my blog. She doesn't have any history with the chain of the events that led to my particular stresses. She doesn't have any context for the information. Nor did I ask her advice. But she asked me at a weak moment what was wrong, and I answered her.

The lesson I took from this was simply not to share. So I haven't written this week. Though I know you readers aren't the type to kick a girl when she is down or ostracize her for decisions years earlier that led to this moment. And thank you for that.

However, I could use some really positive thoughts and a few prayers if you are up to it.

Things have been worse--as I reminded myself. And then I read a few older posts to really remind myself how bad things could be. I will be back next week to tell you the tale of the pit bulls. And possibly Mrs. Green's cryptic drama. And to tell you if Ms. Shirley is going to move involuntarily (she probably will stay). But today I think I will just take up knitting in my garden.

Have a great week!

No comments: