Monday, February 27, 2012

Begging for Mercy

Dear Bliz,

I am sorta, kinda hoping you don't hate me yet. But, I am truly sorry I have ignored your texts and e-mails. If it makes you feel any better, I am ignoring your texts and e-mails a lot less than I have been ignoring everyone else's.

I think it is Monday. I am pretty sure it is still February. At least I hope so. Last time I checked it was February 11th. I haven't stopped moving since then.

You see, last week alone I managed to work about 95 hours alone and--provided it really is Monday--I will probably clock slightly less than that this week. I do all this to avoid tax season so we we can fix, or at least put a sizable band-aid on, our undercapitalized issues.

I will admit, I took a few hours off on Sunday and joyously dragged Marty Sunshine around the garden center of the large big box retailer. I even managed to plant some of the gladiola bulbs I bought. But, other than that, all I have been good for is promising you things I haven't delivered--like the items you have asked for so that we can get the financials to Diamond Jim. In return, he can do my taxes one last time.

I have one more promise for you that I intend to deliver. So, if you can find it in your heart to forgive me for being a bigger flake than usual in the 25 plus years we have been friends, there will be answers to your very reasonable and well thought out questions as well as toffee in your future.

Sincerely,
The Landlord

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Where do I begin? There is absolutely no need to apologize to little old me. I am the one who is helping you. Lord knows I know how busy you are. And for the record, you aren't ignoring me if you hit Reply, type words and hit Send! So what if it is only to say I hear you and I will get back shortly. You are still not ignoring. I should be apologizing to you for not having stuff done in January, so I am truly sorry. We are quite a pair huh??!

Love you much! Stop stressing!
Bliz