Monday, June 22, 2009

Rolling Forward

Before 8:30 today:

1. I Called the insurance adjuster, left a message.

2. I called an attorney (sadly Legal Eagle has to recuse herself on this one). The attorney said to press charges I needed to call the DA's Office.

3. I called the DA's Office. They told me to call the Magistrate's Office.

4. I called the Magistrate's Office. They told me to call Birmingham Police, homicide division (yes really).

5. I called the Birmingham Police and explained my situation. They put me through to robbery (I just couldn't ask for homicide).

6. The officer listened, told me I didn't have much of a case, offered to pray for me. After my insistence, she put me through to the East Precinct.

7. Sgt. Thomas at the East Precinct was already familiar with the case. She wasn't interested in helping me out. She said, unless I could "prove" the 508s did the damage, there was no case. I explained that Mrs. 508 admitted to me there was a broken window, a hole in the wall (that she told me she was planning on repairing) and an air conditioner that didn't work. Also, she talked with Carolsue this week and admitted she and Mr. 508 may had done the damage, but wanted more time to fix everything and it wouldn't be a problem.

I also explained to Sgt. Thomas we are looking at several thousand dollars worth of repairs. Sgt. Thomas acquiesced. She said once I got the insurance claim filed I could make a supplementary report and file felony charges against the 508s.

That made me feel better. Even nothing has happened of yet.

No comments: