Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mr. Richards Update

Two weeks ago, Mr. Richards called me to tell me he was sending the money he owed to me. It would be in the mail that day. I had no reason not to believe him because:

1. He took the initiative to call me.
2. He had usually been true to his word.

This time nothing came. I called with little expectations of reaching him to tell him what he already knew: the check didn't come. I didn't expect to hear from him, but I wanted to keep hope alive.

As soon as I got off the phone with Mr. Richard's voice mail, I called Legal Eagle and told her to do her magic. I don't know if he has been served yet or not. But, we all know how that goes.

Given I have the 508 situation on my hands, I am not excited about dealing with Mr. Richard's eviction. I would even be willing to work something out if he came through with some money. Just enough to let him limp along a teensy bit more before I kicked his butt out.

This past weekend I asked Carolsue if she might be willing to go over and have a chat with him. She happens to live directly across the parkway from him. Seriously, she could walk there in as much time as it would take to drive to his house.

Mr. Richards hasn't been home. Carolsue isn't in the business of harassing my tenants anyway. I certainly appreciate the effort, but this isn't what she signed up for.

So, it looks like Mr. Richards is going to leave. I am going to have to pay for Eaglet's first year at Harvard to get rid of him. But, Mr. Richards will pay me back. He's got a job. I know how to find him.

No comments: