Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am sitting on my couch. Marty Sunshine knows I am tired and has graciously allowed me to watch baseball on "his" high definition TV. Marty has no appreciation for baseball. He even made me his deluxe grilled cheese sandwitches for dinner. Mmmm.. homemade food.

My trip was productive. I met with a mortgage officer who handles investors yesterday. Great meeting! He gave me some inspiring things to play with that may help us with our future company growth.

I also went back out to Fultondale yesterday and met Carolsue's nephew and helper, Jon. As he thinks I am "young" and "pretty" he is my new best friend. The work over there is coming along really well. I think Carolsue will have it ready for me to advertise for the weekend.

This morning I went back out to Mrs. Martin's former home to go over it with Carolsue. She and I went through looking for ways to "mac-daddy" it up. One option is looking at enclosing a room to make it a fourth bedroom. She is working with members of her syndicate to get me a quote.

Now that the water is on, we found out there is a leaky pipe /faucet at the washing machine faucet. As it took me several months to pay off the plumber last time I needed him, I did a quick prayer that the only decent plumber in Birmingham would take my calls. Turns out he will. Whew.

I also needed to pay next door neighbor, Billy. I gave him specific instructions: when the grass gets long, mow it. He can also park his car in the driveway of my home if he chooses. I would prefer it.

My final appointment was with Legal Eagle where we spent an hour and a half chatting about everything but lawyerly things. We then spent 2 minutes going over the other things I needed. As the 508s are supposedly moving out this weekend, I won't need to find legal counsel. I hope.

One of the major discoveries I made is how much more smoothly things run with Carolsue in the picture. I don't have to travel there as often--though I am planning on going back in the fall. My tenants are working out and Carolsue gives them a pretty thorough look-over before I ever get an application. All and all, it is going ok.

4 comments:

Nancy Case said...

There was an article in the AZ Republic today about how new investors are buying start-up homes here because they expect to make a lot of money renting the property. Your blog should be required reading for them.

Fiona D. said...

Interesting the Republic just NOW figured this out. Investors have been gobbling up starter homes since about January. There are now bidding wars and back-up offers on homes under $150k.

BusyMommy said...

Welcome home. I'm glad you had a productive trip.

Fiona D. said...

Thanks Biz.