Friday, April 01, 2011

A Happy Day

As a responsible business owner, I probably should be jumping for joy: I have a tenant for Haroldine's home. The tenant in question has a credit rating over sub-par. He has a savings account. He has a decent job.

My next task is to tell Haroldine. I actually have been waiting until I got the rent (supposed to be happening today) to let her know. I wouldn't want to jump the gun and have her decide to use my rent money for something flashy--like a down payment for an apartment somewhere else.

But that piece of news seems to be playing second fiddle to what totally awesome event today is really all about. Today is the first day of the new season of Diamondback's baseball (and let's do something novel this year. Let's make it a winning season boys, shall we?).

I know you felt the excitement in the air too. You were just too polite and refined to say so. That's ok. I will do it for you.

All is right in the world today.

No comments: