Monday, April 18, 2011

His Name Isn't Bubba*

My new BFF is Keith the Snake Snatcher.

According to Jack, he has been the critter catcher for the Jack Family for generations. Who knew there was such an occupation? Wow! All these things I have missed out living in a a suburban jungle (Yet, I am totally ok with missing out on snakes).

And, who knew one could make a living at that sort of thing? It turns out Jack has used Keith recently. The last time it was when he had a raccoon living between the subfloor of his two story rental. In fact, when I was in Birmingham in February, Jack showed me a picture of Keith's handiwork--a caged raccoon on the countertop of the rental home.

Sadly, Keith wasn't immediately available to handle my little issue (and by the way, the snakes are under the home, not in the home). You see his mother's cousin's brother-in-law's preacher's hairdresser died. On Thursday he had to go to a funeral and subsequent social gatherings. Therefore, the problem was tackled on Friday.

*and I would be willing to bet the Blazing Sun I know who posted that comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um.....no you don't.

Fiona D. said...

Yep, I'm pretty sure I do. (But I wasn't suggesting it was you).