Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tax Day

Today is tax day. Yes, really. If you have a corporation, Uncle Sam wants to see your tax return by March 15.

I would like to tell you that this is a simple process, involving Bliz, Diamond Jim and myself. And, if all parties do their job, this does seem to work. Except when it doesn't.

Several weeks ago Bliz sadistically sent me e-mails, financial documents and this funny report called "Gobbledygood Blah Blah Transaction Somethingorother." She politely and professionally asked me to look it over and answer a few questions.

And I ignored it. Ok, not exactly "ingnore;" I just didn't know what to do with it. So, a few days later I asked Bliz. She repeated her directive, again patiently explaining what she needed from me.

Last Saturday, I felt unparalyzed enough to check out this one more time and came to the conclusion: I needed to call Diamond Jim and confess all: I was holding up the process. I didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for. Please help me CPA; you are my only hope.
Sadly, the IRS really doesn't care if I put this off until 96 hours before it needs to be filed--as long as they get what they want out of the whole deal. However, Diamond Jim did. He sorta told me in a kindly, guilt-induced way so Saturday afternoon. I swear, his disapproval hurt worse than whatever the IRS could possibly have done to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we probably should have involved him from the beginning. His solution seemed so simple. I am sure he isn't disappointed in you! I know I am not!

~Bliz

Fiona D. said...

Thank you my dear friend for your continued support.

I knew better than to leave it to the virtually last minute. Though I have been running like crazy since I returned from Alabama, that really is no excuse. In truth, I was sorta kinda hoping it would resolve itself. Which it did not.

Anonymous said...

I know you pretty well, but I am still not a mind reader! =)

~Bliz