Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Meanwhile

But first, a quick shout out to Busy Mommy, who finished her second round of chemo yesterday. Honey, you make defeating cancer look easy. And, you are totally beautiful even without your long blond hair (it will grow back!).  I really admire your strenght and spirit. Feel better my friend. It will be over soon.

I have Haroldine's home for rent. Additionally, there is some weirdo from Africa also advertising this very same home on Craig's List  for $500 less than my rent. Though this seems cut and dry to me, I am astounded that Craig's List isn't seeing my point and pulling this guy's ad. I thought it would be a piece of cake.

Meanwhile, my Birmingham voice mail is filling up with indignant folks wanting to know why there is a $500 price difference in two different ads. I talked to one lady Tuesday who left her Southern hospitality at home. With that tone of voice, I wouldn't have rented to her anyway.

Meanwhile, on the happy front, there is one really nice lady who took upon herself to play junior sleuth. She called me on Monday to alert me to this guy's ad. Apparently, she then e-mailed this guy on my behalf to see what was going on. On Tuesday she called me back to give me all the information he was passing along (the same e-mail I got when I contacted him and told him to pull the ad). When I innocently approached her to see if she had an interested in actually renting my home, she said no--unless she can have the lower price. However, she thought it looked really nice from the pictures.

And also meanwhile, poor Haroldine has perfect strangers--who think my home is vacant and for rent for some ridiculous price--walking up to her front door, expecting to be let in. That makes me uncomfortable. I can only imagine how Haroldine must feel.

Meanwhile, Jack injured himself a couple of weeks ago and can't drive to show the home anyway. Not that we have any serious lookers. Our pool of potential tenants right now are budget conscious and confused.

This stuff used to keep me up at night, with me thinking of a "Plan B." Now, not so much.

Hopefully Haroldine will just come through with the rent this month without too much drama. I've had my quota.

No comments: