Saturday, June 07, 2008

Hitting the Fan

It is official a good portion of my life has gone to Yuma in a handbasket. It isn't one specific thing or another. It just so happens, that the past two weeks has created new level of challenges.

It was only that my internet went down and I could not sufficiently get it repaired by the date promised by the new company (rendering several aspects of my professional life useless), nor the treadmill blowing up and leaving a stench of electrical smoke and my laptop coming down with a horrible virus. No, those events just mirrored the disasters going on with the business.

The business stuff consists of a sheriff-led eviction, someone who left in the middle of the night, another tenant leaving, a late paying tenant who keeps promising to pay (and in all fairness, did pay today), a lack of adequate property mangement, additional costs and a few other suprises I am just not ready to deal with.

My emotional state got so bad the other day, I just broke down and bawled. Two days later, my dear and usually very supportive husband suggested I get it together and get over myself. I am not there yet, but I will be. Eventually.

I am heading to Alabama on Tuesday to take care of a bunch of stuff. Or, at the least get over myself.

No comments: