Friday, February 19, 2016

Victory-ish

Well, I passed. I would like to tell you with flying colors or some sort of other platitude, but I can't for two reasons:

1. I don't know my score. The testing center doesn't provide that.

2. The test was as much of a nightmare as last Tuesday's test, except the questions were different and the situations were trickier.

The test was truly, either one knew what they were doing, or they didn't. I guess I know what I am doing. ("You are holding an open house for a listing through your brokerage for another salesperson and a potential buyer comes in and asks you for details about the home, neighborhood and pricing. Your agency is now: an ostensible agent to the seller only, an implied agent to the buyer, a dual agent, or you are not providing any agency." By the way, the answer is dual agent.).

Now that the major component of getting my broker's license is out of the way, I have other tasks to accomplish. First, I don't have my broker's license. I still have to take three more classes--and I cannot stress how little desire I have to sit in a classroom right now. I also have to wait for my criminal clearance card to the State of Arizona to be processed and returned to me. Given I sent my fingerprints in two weeks ago and as of yesterday the check wasn't cashed, I am guessing I have time. Once the criminal clearance comes back, I then submit a bunch of paperwork to the Arizona Department of Real Estate and write them a big fat check.

In the meantime, I can work on our under-capitalized Alabama issues, get around to writing of the joys I am dealing with over in that neck of the woods (and there weird stories) and possibly--but I am not promising anything--do a load of laundry.

1 comment:

The Home Genie said...

Oh my goodness! It sounds really awful! I can't say I'm surprised that you passed, but definitely happy that the awful part is for the most part complete. Congratulations! Great job!