Friday, February 19, 2016

Testing Update

First, Thank you for your comment Jeanne.

I passed the school test. It was 400 questions. The first 200 (TWO HUNDRED!) were like this:

"You purchased an improved quarter of a quarter section 15 years ago with a commercial structure with a current assessed value of $374,000 per $100 at $2.43 mil and have been renting it out for five years with $45000 in monthly expenses. What would you need to sell the building for to receive a 25% profit, after depreciation? What are the current taxes? What is the gross rent multiplier? What is the current cap rate, given no vacancies or credit? What is your acreage and how big is the structure given 37% for setbacks and easements? And how much wood, did the woodchuck chuck when its train left the station heading North at 4 p.m. New Zealand time?

It took me three and a half hours (of the five granted to me) to finish those questions.

The other test was two hundred law questions, which seemed like trivia questions by the time I got around to answering them.

I passed those tests, by the way.

Today I take the state test. It is also four hundred questions. These tests are broken into "Arizona-specific" and "national-specific" questions. I am told today's tests are "entirely different." I noticed nobody said "easier." All I am hoping at this point is there are no more train questions.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

It never entered my mind that you wouldn't pass.....I knew you would....congrats my friend!