Wednesday, December 23, 2015

She Must Have Thought I Stuttered

So, as you three readers may remember, I went on an absolute tear last month with the property management company. You see, they were letting the three tenants in the homes Marty Sunshine and I own without a partner just slide and pay whatever they felt like paying each month. Lease agreement be damned!

I suspect if one of these tenants had come in last month with a dead pigeon and a pot of rotted carnations, that would have been exchanged for one month of free rent. And believe me, I may have said something along those lines to the property management company, because as far as I was concerned, they hadn't been working for me.

As I was writing this post yesterday, I was happy in the illusion that everything is straightened out. However, no sooner had I written the above paragraph Ms. Amy called. It appears Ms. Martin didn't seem to fully understand that if she didn't follow through with her commitment to pay the remaining December balance by December 18th and subsequently "break her back" (her words) to make sure rent would be paid on time thereafter, I meant business. So, when Ms. Amy sweetly broke the news, I replied with a few unholiday-like sentiments. And, I told her to affix a notice on her door telling her to move out.

No comments: