Tuesday, December 01, 2015

A Gazillion Less One

This is the second home we bought. Mr and Mrs. C lived here. Then Mr. Noble. Then another family who had a sweet little girl named Natalie and a dog named Rocky. Then the cop with the 640+ credit score and his girlfriend and their two babies. They were the ones who destroyed it. 

I heard this house was supposed to have been auctioned off yesterday. I thought about it on and off through the day, wondering if someone bought it. Wondering what happens if nobody does. 

It certainly didn't look like this when I saw it in March. For one thing, in this picture there are windows. 

I no longer mourn specifically loosing this house. I am still sad. I feel like a looser. I have been told I am not one. I understand logically why decisions were made. But I failed. I will get over it eventually. But it will be years before we recoup this damage. And there will be at least one more home to go back to the bank. Hopefully only one more. 

I really want someone to love this home. I want someone to sit out front on that gorgeous porch, looking out into the hills, sipping tea thinking about how lucky they are to have landed that house--their home. I want kids to splash around in the pond, looking for frogs. I want a little boy to chase a puppy through the woods. But overall, I want whomever ends up with this home can make it a happy place. It is time for something positive to happen there. 

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Me too. This is such a comfortable house both inside and out. Love the view from the front porch and the view from the deck on back. The layout inside is comfy. Great basement area. This house should be a place of pride and happiness. I'm with you. I hope some young couple buys this as their forever home. The place where they will raise their children and later in life hold Christmas with their grandchildren. Everything happens for a reason so maybe your losing it is so this particular couple can buy it. Who knows?