Monday, October 07, 2013

The Way To An Attorney's Heart

When one can't pay the mortgages, one certainly can't pay the attorney who handled a small administrative matter. So, I have been sorta sitting by, letting Attorney Flip's extra-large bill gather dust. Once in a while I will look at it, groan and then shove it out of sight only to repeat the process a week or so later.

Fortunately (for Flip), Mr. Partner brought in an infuse of cash that he owed recently. The mortgages are covered and we have enough left over to give Attorney Flip a nugget or two. In preparation for this monumental event, and because I got another "past due" bill from him today, I sent him an e-mail telling him I was making a payment. I thanked him for his patience.

In a strange turn, Attorney Flip--the same man who would not return my e-mails and phone calls for the past year--actually responded in about 10 minutes flat with a "no problem, hope all is well," e-mail.

If you are counting, that is two times in the past year I have heard from him. Perhaps a new record.

2 comments:

Ernie said...

You do realize he's going to charge you for both reading your email to him AND for replying?? Just saying.

Fiona D. said...

Ya... hadn't considered that.

Sometimes I wish I could charge lawyers for my time.