Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cutting Kirby Some Slack

As you may recall, I would rather give birth to 20 pound triplets without any form of pain relief than work rentals. But, to give you an idea of how desperate undercapitalized we are at the moment, I called my buddies at not one, but two, property management companies begging to work rentals for them this weekend. In both cases, I was happily given a litany of homes from both agencies and I promptly put them on craigslist.

It is now Saturday around 3:30 and yet the phone hasn't rung even once. No e-mails from a crazy person asking if they and their 47 live wildebeests can rent a home in some posh Scottsdale neighborhood. And will the landlord take a $1,500 a month rent reduction? And--in case it comes up--Mr. Wildebeest just happens to be a convicted serial ax murderer with a 506 FICO score. Will that be an issue?

I am guessing if the rental market is this quiet in the US's fifth largest metropolitan area, Birmingham can't be any better. But I am hoping it is. 


No comments: