Tuesday, February 01, 2011

This is What I am Talking About!

Last Thursday I hadn't received two rent payments: Mrs. Green's and Mrs. Sherwood's. I called Mrs. Green, who immediately sprang into action, calling her bank and texting me to tell me the check hadn't been cashed. Please keep me posted. On Friday I hadn't called her back, but she was back with another message, had the check come in yet??? Please let her know. She was stressed about the check missing. Did she need to stop payment. Should she fly out personally and hand me cash? What needed to happen.

I received her rent check on Saturday.

I also sent a quick text on Thursday to Mrs. Sherwood. She is harder to get in touch with. Essentially, when did she mail out the money? Her reply: a few days earlier.

Speaking of which, on Monday I realized I still hadn't received Mrs. Sherwood's money and sent her another quick text. In my defense, I hadn't thought much about it over the weekend.

When Mrs. Sherwood called me back, she was in such a tizzy that I am pretty sure she would have brought Carolsue to tears. Why had I not called her sooner? What was I thinking letting this much money float around without any regard to where it might be?  All I could do was sit there and humbly "yes ma'am" my way through the call.

When she finished, she let me know she had already taken proactive steps. She said she had already called her bank and stopped payment. So, now she was on her way to my bank to deposit the rent--before the end of the month. And what was my account number?

And next time, I darn well better let her know sooner. Because she doesn't take lightly to missing money.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

LOLOL! As we say in the south....you've just been raised! LOL