Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Random Bama--The Travel Edition

My first order of business Monday night, after texting Marty Sunshine that my plane had landed and getting my luggage, was finding a Zaxby's. This came even before calling Carolsue to tell her I was alive and had made it to Birmingham. I love Zaxby's about six months after I eat it and fondly remember it from that point forward. But from the time it digests to month 5.99, not so much.

___________________________________________

Today's order of business is to swing by and pick up Carolsue. Then we are going to swing by and find out where the courthouse happens to be. So I can show up at my appointed time.

We are also going to check out the house in Leeds sometime this week. Just to make sure it is still standing.
__________________________________________

I am pretty much playing this trip fast and loose. This is a far cry from my usual plan-everything-and account for every moment type of trip. I need to see people. Some of them attorney-types about attorney-type business.

I think Kirby warrants a visit. I am sure he will be totally excited to find out I'm in town with little warning.  I just sent him an e-mail. I wonder if he will reply before I show up on his doorstep.

And, possibly I will see Jack too. However, he hasn't been feeling too hot, so I am going to lay low and definitely play that one by ear.
__________________________________________


I am also going to take a look-see at some of my rentals. And perhaps pay a visit to Haroldine. I'll call first. It is only proper.

No comments: