Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I'm Not Done Yet

Yesterday I received what I hope is the absolute last e-mail I will ever get from Flunky the Supreme Asshat. Yes, he has been promoted. Flunky sent me the contact information for the two tenants I had left. I am guessing that means he is no longer managing the house on Waterford any more either.

I called both tenants, telling them I have parted ways with the property management company. In both cases, the tenant gave me an earful of how utterly horrible they are, especially since Flunky became their main contact. Mr. Waterford had lots of words about Flunky, apologizing for his "french" every third sentence. Mrs. Fultondate asked me why couldn't I have Mr. Kirby go back and manage my homes. She kept on about how great he is. Which is somewhat funny, because the very first time I spoke with her she gave me an earful about Kirby's faults--with Kirby standing right next to me. That entire ordeal was one more surreal story in the archives of thousands. 

I don't have leases with these folks. I am not asking them for leases. They are guests. They can stay until they leave. I gave them the score, putting all my cards on the table. I told them we are closing our accidental business in the next few months and I will stay in touch and asked them to do the same. 

For the first time in fourteen years, I am not a landlord. 

No comments: