Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I am Sure Mr. Jones Speaks for All



If we could just take a moment out of our day to please remember those folks who were affected by last night's tragedy. I know businesses are probably closed all through Alabama today, and probably the rest of the week. Flags will be at half-mast. Schools are closed as the state comes to terms with the terrible news.

Horrible news, actually. The University of Alabama (or Alabama State University, I don't know), lost their big-time championship football game last night. I am not sure the First Amendment protects me as I write these blasphemous words. Yep. They tanked.

According to the words of that football player, Hootie Jones, it wasn't really the team's fault. He said, "We felt like the refs were just against us." Glad that was cleared up.

Hopefully after an appropriate term of grieving, the State will be able to move past this.

No comments: