Saturday, January 14, 2017

Chrissy Update

Taking a great chunk of morning out of my day yesterday, I called a handful of brokers yesterday and plead Chrissy's case. Frankly, I thought I did a downright wonderful job of selling her to potential owners. Even my broker said he was moved by my spiel. However, nobody, including my broker, would consider giving her a lease under her circumstances. Not that I blame them. I gave a lot of people in tough situations second chances. A lot of times it worked out. But not always. If you are curious about the times it didn't work out, start reading this blog from the beginning.

I did call the person who referred her to me and said, "You hate me. Why?" She assured me, she most certainly did not hate me. Then she gave me some crazy pep talk that was as a great a sell as I had given to the people I had talked with prior to her.

There is one more solution for Chrissy that I came up with. It is probably in her best interest to buy a home. She won't need background checks. Mortgage lenders won't care if she is a (multiple) felon. Her neighbors won't (necessarily) know her background if she doesn't mention it. She can afford it. And it sure beats living with her mother for the next ten years.

No comments: