Friday, June 10, 2016

Idiocy

So last month I paid off the ridiculous loan for an HVAC that our partner Jack insisted we take out. And today I got a utility bill with a significant credit because they didn't apply it to the loan. They applied it to an imaginary electric bill we (don't) have.

When I called their "customer service" person, she started scolding me, telling me this was somehow my fault because I didn't tell them I was paying off the loan. Not true, I called last month and told them I was paying it off and asked for the payoff amount.

She then told me I owed an additional $2.31 because the loan now "wasn't paid off in time." I told her I wasn't paying it. I didn't cause this issue. They did. They can fix it.

Apparently, according to the charming representative, I am now going to be sued, and lien will be added to the property and my cat will be taken away and sold as a slave in Mongolia. She also chided me for sending an electronic payment, which in her opinion started the whole mess to begin with. When I pointed out I have been sending electronic payments all along, she was stumped and started lecturing me again. At which point, I hung up on her.


No comments: