Sunday, June 12, 2016

Breaking Up The Band

We met with Mr. and Mrs. Partner today who said a lot of really great things. They thanked me for everything I have done for the past 14 years. They acknowledged I have "kept things together" and managed juggled all things Alabama. They realized I have built relationships over there that they hadn't. And I even heard, "You've done good." Which was worth a lot to my sorry ego.

These well earned (and very late--but extremely grateful) kudos was courtesy of the fact Marty and I made the monumental decision to break up this LLC. And, like all monumental decisions, our lunch today will the first of several conversations the Partners and the Sunshines will be having. There will be other meetings too. In fact, because Bliz will be coming to town next week just in time for her, er... 20++ high school reunion (I have yet to commit to going), she will be having lunch with us too. She has never met Mr. Partner--who looks like a Hell's Angel's biker or a big scary teddy bear when he is showing me pictures of his grand kids.

There are lots of next steps that are happening now. For example, today I have written a boat-load of e-mails that require other people to work on our behalf (Sorry Bliz). Mr. Partner and I are also meeting on Wednesday to talk to the bank about opening a new account for him. As an added bonus, I am meeting with Diamond Jim later in the week to crunch tax numbers. And I have sent a note to Legal Owl giving her the news and a few tasks.

Now in the event you think: 1) these Alabama homes won't need to be managed or 2) this blog is going away, nope. Right now it is just our business structure is changing. By the way, this was Mr. Partner's single biggest issue too: would he have to handle all this on his own? And to be honest, how I wished I could have said, "Yes. Yes you do." But alas. That isn't part of our current changes.

There are more changes to come. Some good, some bad, some inevitable. But today was step one.

No comments: