Tuesday, October 06, 2015

The Passive Aggressive Diva That I Am

Flunky the Maintenance Asshat's e-mail arrived in my inbox at some reasonable hour Monday. It said, "Here is a new quote for the work that needs to be done on your home in Fultondale." And what do you know! It was less than half of cost of the first quote.

You remember that first quote don't you? The one I have repeatedly asked for since June? The one Mr. 114 told me was garbage? Yea, that one.

A few weeks ago, after asking Flunky repeatedly to find another vendor, he told me "there is no other company that does this kind of work", essentially letting me know this was as good as it would get and that I needed to back off. Somehow that changed last week and Birmingham became awash with watershed management companies.* This time Flunky found a more wonderful "as good as it was going to get" type of price.

Of course, because the quote was so handsome Flunky has been pestering me all darn day to approve the the project.

I probably will.

When I am good and ready.



*That pun is for you Alec.

No comments: