Friday, October 16, 2015

Round And Round

When we last left the continuing saga of loosing our home in Pinson (the one on the two acres with a pond and wrap around porch), we were in the process of working with the first mortgage company on a deed in lieu of foreclosure. The second mortgage company however continues to call at all hours of the day and ask for my social security number. Which I refuse to give them (Hey! They called me. They should have my social security number.)

A few weeks ago, our liaison at the first mortgage company, Jonathan, wrote me and asked if I could meet the appraiser out at the house to let him in. I found this odd because he just replied to an earlier e-mail I had sent saying, "I don't live in Alabama and you can have the appraiser get the keys from the property management company. And here is their contact information." But whatever, somewhere in me saying "I don't live in Alabama" it was interpreted as "I am certainly available to drop everything and hop on over and let some dude into this home at his convenience" (who could probably enter through the broken window or where the garage door used to be--thank you former tenants).

Also as part of Jonathan's note last week he asked if I could send him the articles of incorporation for an LLC that hasn't had their name on this deed in 8 years. When I asked why, Jonathan just replied because that LLC's name is on the deed. I went to the Jefferson County Tax Records. No it isn't. But I didn't feel like arguing with Jonathan.

Instead, I just replied to Jonathan's e-mail with an answer to both: Get the keys from the property management company. And here is their contact information (again) and would you like us to change the deed back into Marty Sunshine's and my name to make everything smoother? And then I waited. And waited. And waited.

Today I got another e-mail from Jonathan. What do you know? It was a reply from my last e-mail where I asked him about the name change. But just to be sure I would think him a bit of a buffoon, he asked what was going on with us changing the name on the deed? He also told me "we" couldn't move forward with this until this issue was resolved.

And by the way, when could I get out to the house and let the appraiser in?

No comments: