Thursday, July 25, 2013

Update on The Great Lawyer Hunt

I have left another voice mail and e-mail for Attorney Flip. I didn't expect him to respond to either, but at least I can use this as part of the information it appears I will be turning into the Alabama BAR.

My complaint is simple: I paid for services. I am not getting services, nor have I gotten services. In fact, all I have gotten is a bill and silence. Flip could fire me as a client if he didn't want to assist me. But he hasn't. Therefore, he is on the hook at the moment for giving me an explanation as to what is going on with my issue (though I can pretty much answer that: he is doing nothing about it).

The extremely unhelpful person at the Alabama BAR Association did tell me she couldn't do anything but direct me to their Web site where I can file a complaint. The only issue with filing a complaint is that it doesn't get me closer to getting my situation resolved. However, it may very well cause Flip to get off his caseload and give me an update on what has been done. I can take that information to a new attorney. Which is all I really expect at this point.

Meanwhile I have been attorney hunting. Kirby gave me the name of two people. One of whom I know is very familiar with the Late Attorney Jon. So, I am going to pass on that one.

The other name Kirby gave me is an attorney who specializes in "the hood." I am not sure if this is what I need for a small administrative matter, but I am running out of options. When I called the Hood Lawyer, I was told he is out of town for a week. When I asked if that meant until Monday or next Wednesday, I was informed through an extremely thick drawl that I could barely understand, "August 5." Last time I checked, that would be more than a week. The assistant didn't offer to take a message for me either. I think.

Oh yes, and just to summarize how the Great Lawyer Hunt is shaping up: I also left a message for someone named--and I am not making this up--"Honey Jo."

No comments: