Monday, July 15, 2013

Feeling Rowdy

At some point in my recent past, one of my three readers sweetly suggested that when she reads my posts she just naturally assumes I tie on on every chance I get. I can see where she got that impression. And for the record. I don't. I am a sip of Communion wine every Sunday and half a beer once a week kind of party animal.

And if I am really rowdy, I might just drink a whole beer once a week. Maybe.

However, much more of this Great Lawyer Hunt and I may have reason check myself into Betty Ford.

The Great Lawyer Hunt should not be taken lightly. Last week I talked to Mr. Abbot. He was the lawyer recommended in a letter from Flip--the attorney who was allegedly helping me. Mr. Abbot sent me an e-mail after business hours Friday telling me to make Flip finish the job. That's all well and good, but Flip isn't returning my calls, e-mails or smoke signals. And I am almost out of carrier pigeons.

In a feeble effort not to employ another attorney, I did call Flip today and leave a message. I sounded a lot more chipper than I felt. I didn't tell him that he came highly recommended and everyone I spoke with had the distinct impression he was the greatest guy around. And, as a side note, when you are rejected by the greatest guy around, it really wrecks havoc on the ego. Nobody loves me enough to fix my small administrative issue.

What I did say when I reached Flip's voice mail today was that I employed him to resolve this and I would greatly appreciate an update from him or one of his lackeys associates. After all, it has been a damn year bless his heart. I wished him well, repeated my phone number and e-mail address (both of which I know he has) and made a note on my calendar to call him later in the week.

And I will call.

Meanwhile, I am hesitant to call back the three or four other attorneys I have names for. Flip has been paid for his "services"--whatever that may be (because I still have no idea what he has done). I don't want to incur future bills. I just want my situation fixed before I reach for a whole beer.


No comments: