Sunday, March 03, 2013

The Birmingham Weekend

The only evidence left from our Anual Meeting. Minutes are titled, "What Happens in Birmingham, Stays in Birmingham"
I sadly dropped Bliz off at the airport today, wishing upon wish she could stay another day or so. I can't speak for Bliz, but I certainly had a great time driving around three counties stalking my houses on Saturday. I showed Bliz all but three--including one that was the closest to the hotel I am staying at. Go figure? When I list the five things I like about Birmingham, my friendship with Bliz is always number one.

In addition to my fabulous girl's weekend (which now includes a serious Downton Abbey addiction), I spent Sunday with Carolsue. We went to church--only because I made her. In return I was treated to a lovely lunch and great conversation (thank you Sweetie, you always make me laugh). Afterwards, I went back to the hotel room and made several phone calls and texts to finish rounding out my Birmingham visit.

One of my texts was to Mr. 114, asking if I could borrow a tape measure in the morning. Another call was to Kirby. Kirby, who manages about 200 landlords and even more properties, has in the past confided that I am his favorite. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I am open to flattery. And, in case it isn't I am bringing him Girl Scout cookies tomorrow. I also got in touch with Mrs. Green and will be inspecting her house at some early-early hour in the morning.

It is late. So, I must end this blog now, my dear three readers. I will either go to bed, get a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to start my Monday. Or, I will watch another episode of "Downton Abbey" and add a bit extra concealer under my eyes tomorrow.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

I always feel so selfish when you come to town in that I want you to spend ALL your time with me while here!! Glad to hear you obviously survived the lunch - I was worried.