Thursday, August 23, 2012

Book Club with Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim is in town for a week or so. He has all sorts of accountant-y things to do, but managed to find time for breakfast with me. Our breakfasts often turn into a book club. His book today was The Twelfth Imam.

I am working on two books. The first one is an awesome book: Project Based Homeschooling written by my cyber-pal Lori (on sale right now on Amazon. This book is amazing for all parents--even if you aren't homeschooling). I am also reading a chick-lit book that I can't bring myself to discuss with Diamond Jim--not that he would want to hear about it anyway (and no, gray, or any other shade is not in the title). Besides, we used up all my end of the conversation on Project Based Homeschooling.

We had left our prospective books, just finished discussing the Stephen Drew trade (I am still in mourning about the Dbacks loosing their shortstop) when the insurance adjuster called. All is right in the world. Mrs. Green is getting a roof next week. And could I please call the contractor and pick the roof color?

As my business transitions, and as Diamond Jim actually retires and lives out his golden years in small town Oregon, I am going to need to find a new accountant. Hopefully the one who walks into my life next will be just as wonderful as Diamond Jim.

1 comment:

enthusiastic stranger said...

wow, that book looks so good i think i'll buy one for me and one for each of my friends!