Monday, January 21, 2008

Update on the vacant house

My painters were in and out today. The house is officially painted. Except for the bathroom. Which, apparently the handyman hasn't finished (even though he told me he had). From what I understand, it was a paint party--kind of like barn raising, but in this case, you had Southern men of multiple generations, slathering on a rich coat of Navajo white (eggshell finish) over the neon lime green.

The handyman has not been seen since last week. I would take this as a very bad sign if I wasn't in week five of this project. I know I have one more week of him no matter what. From what I understand the house looks decent, minus the bathroom which isn't finished and the hardwoods which are sanded but not stained.
This is apparently what the bathroom looks like since the Handyman has gotten hold of the room. It looks pretty good actually. Just needs one consistent color on the walls and a towel bar.


No comments: