Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Business Trip Planning

Next week I am going to Alabama to meet with several people. The goals are many, but primarily to look for ways to grow the company. I am smart enough to know that I am not smart enough to do this on my own. Therefore, I need to talk to those who might be able to shed some light in this area. I have several meetings set up with a variety of business-growing types.

Today I compiled a to-do list of all the activities I needed to do prior to leaving on Sunday. In there, I had such items as "update business plan" and "review prospectus." I did manage to knock off 8 of the 24 items on my list, including making contact with one other person I wanted to talk to while I was there.

And, I printed out maps to all the places I am scheduled to go next week, as well as maps to the local library, Kinkos, Costco and Starbucks. Sound silly? Not really when I might need Internet access at a moment's notice, inexpensive gasoline, a place to update my business plan and a refreshed iced tea and a berry scone.

Perhaps tomorrow I will get my White Paper together.

No comments: