Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back Again

It seems it has been more than a year since my last blog. But, I am back and have lots to say. I hope maybe someday I can either:

1. look back at this and shake my head in pity
2. help someone else who thinks being their own boss would be the least bit fun
3. give my kids ammunition when they are old enough to comprehend this.

I certainly don't expect to update a busy year in one post. So, relax. But I will start at today and work backwards.

I currently have a vacant house. The tenant left me a mess. Not trashed, but let's just say her taste in home decor didn't really click with mine. And, she had three large dogs. And, her standards of pet discipline and mine weren't the same. I am left with neon lime green walls and pet urine stains on the hardwoods. And, there were several other goodies that need to be taken care of--like a new hot water heater.

My lesson from this is a vacant house isn't the end of the world. It isn't fun either. On Dec. 1, I had three vacant homes. Armageddon didn't happen then either. There are worse things. Like not having anyone reliable to help you out.

No comments: