Monday, February 27, 2017

The Persistence of Small Town Southern Folks

This guy Joe is getting kind of pesky. He has tracked me down via the internet, sending me an e-mail. Though my e-mail isn't absolutely secret--I do sell real estate after all--it might have been nice if he mentioned how he got it to begin with. I know if I am going to contact a perfect stranger in an ultra-personal kind of way, I might want to suggest how I found them to begin with. But that is just me.

In addition to the e-mail, which basically said he is trying to get in touch with me and call him, ok? He also left me another cryptic e-mail asking me to call him. I would be getting marginally creeped out if I had put in more energy to digest it all than just writing this blog.

Today I got a letter from some law firm in some small town in Alabama. They sent me a quit claim deed for this particular home in Moody Joe mentioned. They told me to sign it and send it back to them immediately. I might have paid a heck of a lot more attention if they had actually used the word, "please" somewhere in their letter. They didn't.

Neither the small town law firm nor Joe has explained why I need to sign a quit claim deed for a home I don't own. Is this the new foreclosure method? Just sign over the title and voila! the home is no longer yours? Until someone can give me a good reason why I need to address this, because so far nobody has bothered to tell me what this is all about, and possibly if they ask nicely, I will just blog about it.


No comments: