Tuesday, February 28, 2017

40 Days

Tomorrow is the first day of Lent. For those of you three readers who were unaware, I am a practicing Catholic. Lent is a time for reflection for the purpose of growth. It isn't really about "giving up candy", but really about preparing for Easter and reflecting on what Easter means to us. (If you would like a more theological explanation, give me a shout). Incidentally, Easter is my all-time favorite holiday.

Given this blog has been kind of depressing lately, as I chronicle the end of our accidental business's life, I thought I would take the next 40 days to reflect on the good stuff. Who knows, maybe I will throw in a few fun stories just for grins. At the moment, I am optimistically hoping our business will be scheduled to close right after Easter, so for me, this is a time to remember what good came out of the last 14 years.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea if I can come up with 40 positive tid-bits (or at least less depressing tid-bits), much less write about them. But I thought I would give it a try. Attitude is everything, right?

Stay tuned.

No comments: