Friday, February 03, 2017

Hopefully

The camera took 10 pounds off
this mound of paperwork.
I was sitting at the kitchen table, listening to an Ipod rotation of Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Toby Keith, Imagine Dragons and Chris Tomlin. To my side, was the mound of paperwork, which will eventually be Phase 1 of my taxes. Diamond Jim, my (hopefully) retiring CPA, has already called and answered a few questions about what I can call a capital improvement and what I can classify as a repair.

As I am doing this I am feeling somewhat nostalgic about the fact this blog started with a general gripe about tax season, and here I am again. Next year's taxes (hopefully) will not be as complicated. And tax season 2019 should be an absolute breeze--unless we buy a bunch of rental homes again somewhere like Racine Wisconsin or Walterboro South Carolina.

We won't. I promise.




No comments: