Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Three Litte Words

I am still trying to refinance the house in Grayson Valley. Though this has been going on for two months, I have hope, as the bank is asking for new random items that I need to compile. This past week I have been jumping through the hoops, begging (and loosing, and rebegging) Bliz for the random items they have asked for once again (the list is getting redundant).

In the process of doing so, we came to realize we weren't getting a mortgage statement for our Pinson home. So, I called the mortgage company for the Pinson home, and found out a few tidbits: 1) I have been paying the wrong amount. 2) they have been sending "e-statements" to some random e-mail address for the past several months. However, it wasn't my old e-mail address or my new e-mail address. Nor did I (or Bliz) authorize this.

To add insult to injury, I was on the phone with them this morning long enough for my kids to run wild when I finally found this out. And, when I inquired as to why someone had opted to send us e-statements, the customer service rep stated (with presumably a straight face) it was done to "save time and hassle."

At this point, my patience was at an all-time low. While this was going on, I stumbled into the kitchen to find dear, independent and clever Buckaroo, who was in the process of mixing powdered milk and water into a plastic bag and was packing it as part of our sack lunch for our outing today. He was having a difficult time and now powdered milk was now on every single surface in my kitchen, making the counters look like a winter wonderland. Couple that with spending an hour on the phone only to find out that the mortgage company had purposely caused the hassle I was experiencing.

 I couldn't help myself.  I said "Bless your heart" to the customer service rep before I could stop. And frankly, I meant it.

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

Wonder if the "random" email address belongs to either the Raging Cajun or the crazy vet who used to live in that house?? Just a thought.

Fiona D. said...

Doubtful. The loan was bought by this company in September. The vet died two years ago. And the Rajun Cajun isn't going to pay my mortgage.