Tuesday, April 02, 2013

The Birmingham Carpet Connection (Cash Only)

On Saturday, when James the Hell's Angel Turned Carpet Installer (cash only) called me to tell me about a leaking hot water heater, he promised he had a plumber who could help me out and offered to call me Monday and give me his number. James was being so sweet about it, and seemed to genuinely care about my predicament, that I just didn't have the heart to turn him down.

However, I have a plumber. A good plumber. One I trust. One who bills me. One who probably would make a Saturday call if I needed him to, but would prefer not to pester him unless it is necessary. For the most part a leaking hot water heater in a vacant home (where presumably James turned off the water), isn't an emergency.

Monday morning James the Hell's Angel Turned Carpet Installer (cash only) made good on his promise. He called me at 6 ^*%$&(* a.m. to give me the name of, as he put it, "the best plumber in Birmingham." It turns out as luck would have it, his plumber and mine are one in the same.

No comments: