Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gather the Animals Two By Two

If the pictures and videos are to be believed, Birmingham is flooded.

I heard about this first-hand at $#^%^(&  6:20 a.m. from Mrs. Green who sent me a scary picture of what is left of her bedroom ceiling. I would post the picture here, but technology hates me.*

What did happen at 6:28 a.m. this morning (after I got off the phone with Mrs. Green) is I called Dave the Roofer. I commented to Marty Sunshine that I really never wanted to be in a place in my life where I had phone numbers for a roofer, electrician, plumber and two HVAC guys in my cell phone directory. "Don't forget two lawyers!" he cheerfully responded.

Mrs. Green's roofing disaster wasn't exactly enough to convince me my day was going to be challenging--though I don't know why I would think otherwise. So, when I checked my e-mail an hour later Kirby sent me a note telling me the downstairs of my Fultondale home was flooded. "How did that happen? They leave a door open?" I stupidly asked.

Kirby, characteristically, has yet to respond.

I realized everything was pretty darn serious when Mrs. Roebuck sent me an e-mail later that morning telling me there had been storms all night. When she went outside in the morning she found out her tree had been struck by lightening for yet a third time.

"Buy a lottery ticket." was my only response.

Carolsue did send me this little gem just to prove there had been a bit of rain. Apparently this is where Mr. 114 and Mr. Wonderful live. Carolsue has suggested next time Marty and I want to start a business in Alabama, we might want to consider being roofers. She may have a point.

*Actual conversation with me and tech support guy:
Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
Me: A black one.

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

Crazy weather. Fultondale got just over 5 inches and Alabaster got nearly 10 inches. My neck of the woods fell just short of 4 inches. My side yard was so flooded at one point I was concerned the kitties that I have buried there might just float into my carport. (shiver)

Anonymous said...

Wow, bummer.