Monday, July 02, 2012

A Raised Eyebrow or Two

In getting my small administrative matter resolved, Flip warned me last week that he will probably need to speak with Kirby and Mario--my two Birmingham property managers. Because I didn't really want my property managers blindsided a lawyer asking lots of personal questions, I gave them fair warning in the shape of an e-mail over the weekend.

However, I certainly don't want to tell them about my issue because it may just raise a few thousand red flags about, but not limited to, my business practices. Which, I assure you are completely ethical. However, my business practices will look a lot cleaner once I get this teensy-tiny matter resolved.

Now, you try writing a quick e-mail to a causal acquaintance (Kirby) and someone you are barely on speaking terms with (Mario) saying something akin to, "In the event a lawyer guy named Flip calls you, please provide leases and answer any questions related to his inquiry. But, don't worry, my administrative issue doesn't (exactly) concern your tenants or your property management company."

Honestly, it is the equivalent of stating, "There is nothing to see here. Just keep moving."

I am pretty sure Kirby and I are getting along well enough that he will decide it is nothing, and just do what is asked. Hopefully Mario affords me at least the same courtesy--even though if I were him, I would certainly ask questions. As he should. Mario isn't stupid (nor is Kirby). Hopefully if it comes up, I will have the right answers.

Later: Got a response from Mario: "No problem. Happy to help." Whew!

No comments: